I’m a big believer in the saying “knowledge is power”. It’s saved me more than once while writing about dragons. They are, after all, a difficult—read… crazy, secretive, violent—breed. I’ve been warned repeatedly, so I know dragon warriors get upset when I reveal things about them they’d rather you not know.
Today, however, I’m living dangerously, sharing some dragon tips that will help you recognize the warning signs and get out of dodge. I hope each stands you in good stead should you ever come nose-to-scales with a dragon-shifter in a snit or a more, shall we say, amorous frame of mind.
10 Dragon Tips Everyone Should Know:
- Dragon-shifters are notorious pranksters, so be careful—you start it, they’ll finish it…every single time.
- Never piss off a frost dragon. You’ll end up in a cryogenic deep freeze.
- Never lend a dragon-shifter your car. Dragons love to drop things from high places just to see them go crunch. He’ll call it a scientific experiment while you’re calling your insurance company.
- Invite a dragon-shifter to dinner. He’ll not only cook for you (flambéed entrees in an instant!), but bring an excellent vintage from his wine collection too. Serve it up hot, sprinkle on some sexy, and enjoy him along with the meal.
- Dragons fear water. There are, however, exceptions to the rule—Mac and Hamersveld to name two. And now, Callas, the dragon warrior who showed up without warning in FURY OF FRUSTRATION. So before you drop the towel on the deck to take a midnight dip, check the bottom of the pool. Water dragons have been known to “borrow” one every now and again.
- Never play poker, strip or otherwise, with a dragon-shifter. You’ll end up broke, homeless, and probably naked too.
- Dragons love to show off. Ask yours to take you on a midnight flight. You’ll get a bird’s-eye view and the ride of your life.
- Dragons love to give chase. So don’t run…unless, of course, you wish to be caught and thrown into an erotic free-fall toward the nearest bed.
- Where there’s smoke, there’s fire…which probably means Wick is in the area. Stay inside and away from the windows. Hiding under the bed is advisable too, ’cause yeah…Wick finding you? Not even close to a good idea.
- Courting a dragon-shifter’s forgiveness? Treat him to a night filled with the THREE Ls: laughter, lingerie and lots of loving. Works like a charm every time.
So, there you have it, my top ten dragon Dos and Don’ts. Leave a comment below to let me know you were here and also, what tip you found the most helpful, hilarious or just plain alarming.
Happy New Year! Wishing you lots of love and laughter in 2023, from me (the Nightfury and Scottish packs too) to you for the new year ahead.
Coreene Callahan is the bestselling author of the Dragonfury Novels and Circle of Seven Series, in which she combines her love of romance and adventure with her passion for history. After graduating with honors in psychology and taking a detour to work in interior design, Coreene finally returned to her first love: writing. Her debut novel, Fury of Fire was a finalist in the New Jersey Romance Writers Golden Leaf Contest in two categories: Best First Book and Best Paranormal. She lives in Canada with her family, a spirited Anatolian Shepard, and her wild imaginary world.
Find her on her website, Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, and BookBub. Go ahead and sign up for her newsletter while you’re at it, too!
Loved it! Will definitely be checking the bottom of the pool first before diving in!